(Derived from the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research)
A code of practice is a set of enforceable rules setting out an industry’s commitments to deliver a certain standard of practice. Codes of practice are intended to raise industry standards and
complement legislative requirements and aim to encourage consumer confidence in a particular industry. Molten-Labs will conduct its activities ethically and with integrity.
This expectation demands that we:
- Comply with all applicable laws & regulations;
- Maintain high standards of scientific, professional and business practice;
- Be an impartial, authoritative and respected source of independent information and advice on science for the community and government, a trusted advisor; and
- Conduct our affairs in a way which enhances the reputation of Molten-Labs and Australia.
Specifically, we will:
- Provide leadership in innovation systems and be consultative in determining our priorities;
- Ensure our scientific, commercial and management decisions are well-informed, transparent and able to withstand scrutiny;
- Subject our science to robust peer review where possible and be open about areas of uncertainty and gaps in our knowledge;
- Manage and use the resources entrusted to us responsibly and in a manner that is efficient, effective, economical and ethical and promotes the financial sustainability of Molten-Labs;
- Be open about our scientific, commercial, financial and general performance, whilst recognising confidentiality requirements; and
- Be accountable for our actions.
Our success as an organisation also depends on how well we work together. Molten-Labs is committed to creating an environment where innovation thrives and everyone is valued and treated fairly and
with respect. Accordingly, we will:
- Act in accordance with Molten-Labs’ Philosophy and Constitution;
- Safeguard the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, partners and the communities in which we operate;
- Encourage cooperation, collaboration and teamwork;
- Acknowledge the importance of balance between work and personal responsibilities;
- Respect the privacy of our staff members and Molten-Labs affiliates;
- Be transparent and consultative about decisions affecting staff members or Molten-Labs affiliates and observe principles of equity;
- Recognise and reward the contributions and achievements of individuals and teams;
- Manage performance, including poor performance, inappropriate behaviour and misconduct.